Installing a Nominode
- 1.Create a Nom Nom Data account at https://my.nomnomdata.com/user/register
- 2.If the Nominode will be used by multiple people in your organization, setup the organization at https://my.nomnomdata.com/organisation/create
- 3.Ensure that you have have local console access or can create a remote session via the telnet (23) or ssh (22) port on the server where you will install the Nominode.
- 4.Ensure that you can access the http (80) or https (443) port on your server.
- 5.Ensure that your server meets the minimum system requirements for the Nominode software
The Nominode installer uses curl, bzip2, and Docker. If these programs are not available on your server, the Nominode installer will attempt to automatically obtain and install them for you. If it is unable to do so, you will need to manually install them.
You can manually install curl by following the steps described at https://curl.haxx.se/download.html
You can manually install bzip2 by following the steps described at https://sourceforge.net/projects/bzip2/files/
You can manually install Docker by following the steps described at https://docs.docker.com/get-docker/
Only the most recent version of Docker is supported, though other versions may be compatible.
Known issues exist when trying to use certain older versions of Docker with Nominode software.
- 6.Open a local, telnet or ssh session with your server.
- 7.Create a service user account with root access to your server to use for the rest of these steps and for running the Nominode software.
Avoid using the sudo command to perform the installation, as doing so will then require using sudo for version upgrades, as well.
- 8.Create a folder where you would like to install your Nominode. /opt/nomnomdata is recommended.
- 9.Navigate to the folder that you created and execute this command:
curl -L http://download.nomnomdata.com/nominode-app-linux-x86_64-latest -o nominode-app
If your server is unable to access the installer using the curl command, you can manually place the Linux installer on your server by downloading it from https://my.nomnomdata.com/nominode/download and then copying it to the folder that you created.
- 10.Execute these commands:
chmod a+x nominode-app
- 11.Respond to the questions posed by the installer and then wait for it to fully complete.
The installer creates a local MySQL database for the Nominode to use for storing its own data. If you are setting up a Nominode for testing or trial purposes, the local database is sufficient. However, if you are planning to use your Nominode in a production context, then follow the steps to switch from a local database to a remote database.
Initial Configuration for a Nominode
- Connect to http://<your server’s DNS>/setup
- Log in to your Nominode using your Nom Nom Data account.
- Name your Nominode uniquely and select the Organization that will manage it.
- Click the Create New Nominode button.
- Wait for the Registering, Reboot Workers, Reboot Scheduler and Reboot Core tasks to complete.
- Log in again to your Nominode using your Nom Nom Data account.
- You are now ready to Add Users, Engines and Tasks to your Nominode.